About Me

I am the System And Design Analyst at Cypherminds Bangalore. Part time Freelancer.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Missing my Grandfather

Now that my exams are nearing by, I spend most of my time at home. And most of the time, alone at home. As everyone leaves early in the morning for work and they come back only late in the night. And they're so tired, sometimes, they're just sleeping sitting on these chairs. These chairs are supposed to be more than 20-25 yrs old. Yes I am not kidding. They are old. And one of the strongest chairs, as they have had a very Responsible time, get more than one generation, all the way here. Strong in every sense, not just Mechanical Strength.

These Chairs, remind me of my Grandfather, whom I could see only once, before he died, when I was very young. It's because, I was born in a City and he with his family, was staying in our Village. He used to love me as a child and used to always, get me baloons/toys, or whatever other need I had/asked for. He was a very tidy person, always wearing neat and tidy white clothes. He lived with my grandma, and few of his daughters in our small village, here in India. It's basically a Marathi speaking area, as it's in Maharashtra (A state in India).

Being from a Tailor Background, after loads of day's work of Tailoring, he was always seen sitting on these chairs, relaxing, while he sipped his Tea, at the evenings.

Ah gone are those days, when I used to enjoy watching the sun go down, with him along my side. And we used to talk for long hours. Until it was dark, or it was dinner time.

Gone are those days. Miss you grandpa. I just miss you very much. :(

3 comments:

curryegg said...

Oh...this post has touched my heart... I believe that he's always up there, guarding you..
So, take your exam seriously and all the best!
;)

Dalicia said...

i miss my grandpas too! i rather have granpas than grandmas :P

Dinesh K said...

Ah right both of ya.